Are you a talented web developer?
We are currently looking for a talented web application developer specialising in Microsoft technologies. We're looking for someone with an uncompromising attitude to quality and a genuine passion to make world changing software.
You'll be involved in leading the technical direction of the company, maintaining, improving and extending existing systems as well as breaking new ground on greenfield projects.
Salary: £35k - £45k
Working at Storm Ideas
We are focussed on delivering cutting-edge web apps directly to users. Storm Ideas is an established innovator with services such as Twibbon, TagViews and CoverJunction currently seeing over 1 million visits a month.
At Storm Ideas you’ll get early use of new technologies and the chance to work on services with global ambition and reach. You'll be iterating quickly in an energetic, fast paced and fun environment. We're based in The Corn Exchange down in Leith which is a great place to come to work.
We think that the conditions have never been better for small, agile and talented teams to make a worldwide impact via the Internet, and we love doing it!
- Salary commensurate with experience (£35-45k)
- 33 days holiday (incl. 8 bank holidays)
A little bit more
- Salary increase in line with the Average Earnings Index whenever Storm Ideas is in profit *
- Additional annual bonus (Profit Related Pay) *
- BUPA *
- Access to a non-contributory Stakeholder Pension **
- Eyecare scheme **
- Childcare scheme **
- Your choice of mobile phone *
- Monthly mobile phone contract *
- A new phone every 18-24 months
* After 1 year’s employment | ** After 3 months employment
Tools of the trade
- Good quality, fast rig, SSDs, loads of RAM etc
- 2 x large monitors
- Latest versions of appropriate software
- Your own choice of headphones, mouse, keyboard and gel rests
You should be able to work with our core stack:
- Windows 2008 Server R2 (2012 a bonus)
- IIS 7/8
- ASP.NET MVC 4
- C# 4
- NHibernate 3.2
- SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012
You should be able to use our core tools:
- Visual Studio 2010
- NHibernate Profiler
You should bring some HTML skills:
- HTML 5.0
- CSS 3.0
- JQuery 1.8
You need to know what you’re doing with these:
- Unit Tests
- Good OO practices
- Design patterns
- Agile practices
Good pay, trusting atmosphere
We pay well and we don’t clock in and out. We’ll trust you to make decisions and get what you need to get done without micro-managing you. We want passionate, creative and effective people and don't think timesheets and rules are the way to get the best out of a team.
On the house
- Paid training
- Great coffee
- Free fruit
- Monthly hour long massage
- Table tennis
- Summer and Christmas Days Out