Want to have your writing seen by millions of people around the world?
Storm Ideas are a specialist digital agency at the very forefront of the latest web trends and technology, working on a daily basis with large, globally recognised clients in the TV and film industry. We are looking for a creative, smart and enthusiastic content writer to assist in achieving our content and marketing objectives for 2017 and beyond.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering websites, mobile apps and content services for some incredible clients all over the world. You will be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment amidst the lovely surroundings of The Shore in Leith. We like to keep process lightweight, enabling you to be creative and focus on the work. To put it another way, as well as great benefits we believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose.
You will be:
- Reviewing never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released
- Generating creative article ideas relating to these shows to engage fans and cross promote
- Creating high-quality, imaginative content under real-time pressures such as quizzes, listicles, and recaps
- Fully immersing yourself in all aspects of each show e.g. keep up with any show announcements, the cast and crews’ social accounts and competitors' coverage
- Using Google Analytics to identify article success, monitor readers’ behaviour and recognize what resonates well with fans
- Eventually well-versed in Photoshop and Premiere via on-the-job training to create high-quality GIFs, videos and imagery
Qualifications, Skills and Traits
Candidates will ideally possess:
- A degree in a field relating to English or marketing
- Excellent writing skills with high levels of grammatical accuracy
- Ability to adjust writing style to suit a variety of different audiences
- Creative streak that still shines even under time constraints
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest trends in web, social and marketing
- Enthusiasm for the internet and its positive, disruptive force all over the world
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- A friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing demeanour
The above list is just a guide for what the ideal candidate will look like. As long as you are smart, creative and love writing, please still apply.
Type of Employment
Permanent / Full-Time
£19k per annum pro rata
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days' holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Monthly, hour-long massage
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Treehouse and Pluralsight
- Table Tennis, great coffee, fresh fruit
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
How to Apply
We want you to showcase your writing skills and creativity in the context of typical work we’d be looking for in the role:
- Write a short article (no more than 500 words) recapping any episode from your favourite TV show. This should be a fun and engaging article that makes use of a friendly, light-hearted tone. Remember to give your article a short and snappy title that encourages us to read on.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and article to firstname.lastname@example.org.