Storm Ideas are a specialist digital and content agency working on a daily basis with large, globally recognised clients in the US TV industry. We are looking for a content developer with smarts, attention to detail, and a love of US TV to assist in achieving our marketing objectives for 2019/20 and beyond.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering content services and digital solutions for some incredible clients in the US TV industry. You’ll be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment in the recently refurbished Sugar Bond House in Bonnington.
You will be:
- Watching never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released
- Fully immersing yourself in all aspects of each show e.g. show announcements, social accounts, fan culture, competitors’ coverage
- Moderating fan activity on official TV network and show social accounts
- Brainstorming with the team, generating ideas and sourcing specific moments from episodes for video production e.g. funny moments from series one featuring a certain character
- Generating GIFs and other micro-video content from episodes
- Subtitling video posted to official show social accounts
- Proofing social content and video before delivery to clients
- Uploading and testing content on high-trafffic apps
- Assisting in the management and running of official TV network YouTube channels
- Checking content accuracy on official TV network streaming platforms
- Creating show-specific articles to engage fan interest
Candidates will ideally possess:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent understanding of grammar, punctuation and written English in general
- High level of attention to detail and ability to spot mistakes quickly
- Experience with using and managing social media accounts
- Experience with content management systems
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- A friendly and enthusiastic demeanour
- A love of TV shows :)
As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please still apply.
Permanent / Full-Time
Total weekly hours: 37.5
To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least one late shift (1:30pm-10pm, in office) per week and at least one weekend day (from home) per fortnight.
£19k per annum.
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Monthly lunch, chocolate and fruit on the house
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Lynda and Treehouse
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining specifically why you’re perfect for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subjects you studied at high school and the grades you achieved, as well as your degree grades.