Are you smart? Passionate about learning? Unsure where your degree would be best used?
Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a junior content developer with smarts, attention to detail, and a love of US TV to assist in achieving our marketing objectives for 2021 and beyond.
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that the smart and hard-working can achieve great things. We have hired many people who initially had minimal technical knowledge but are now thriving and playing crucial roles in the success of the company. We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least two late shifts (1:30pm-10pm, in office) per week and at least one weekend day (from home) every three weeks. So, some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Watching never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released
- Creating clips and GIFs from each episode to be posted on official show and talent social accounts
- Subtitling videos posted to official show social accounts
- Brainstorming with the team, generating ideas, and sourcing specific moments from episodes for video production
- Writing engaging copy for social posts in the correct tone of voice for the brand, and engaging with fans in the comments section
- Proofing social content and video before delivery to clients
- Fully immersing yourself in all aspects of each show, e.g. show announcements, social accounts, fan culture
- Moderating fan activity on official TV network social accounts and apps, and providing support to users
- Uploading and testing content on high-traffic apps
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- High level of attention to detail and ability to spot mistakes quickly
- Excellent understanding of grammar, punctuation and written English in general
- Experience with basic video editing, preferably using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong work-ethic and self-motivation
- A friendly and enthusiastic demeanour
- A love of TV shows :)
As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please still apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£ 21k per year, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – the interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Nicola, our Head of Content Services, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions. The final interview is the last step in this journey, you will meet Duncan, our Social Media Director (30 minutes, Zoom) And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.