Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, intelligent and talented individual who is interested in social media, creativity and project management.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 70+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least one late shift (1:30pm-10pm) per week and are available at least one weekend day per week. So, some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role while the government guidance remains to do so. There is an expectation to work in our office when this becomes a reality again.
What can you expect?
- Reviewing never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released
- Learning all there is to know about our clients’ TV shows, the content, the talent and the fans
- Brainstorming engaging and funny video ideas
- Collecting and cataloguing content references and innovating based on new social media trends and own creativity
- Downloading and organising footage as well as briefing other team members on creative tasks
- Leading quality control on content delivered to clients to ensure consistency and adherence to branding guidelines as well as offering creative feedback
- Liaising with clients via email to pitch ideas, receive feedback and deliver content
- Developing own technical skills by learning from other team members and through independent research
- Becoming an expert in social platforms as well as Storm Ideas products to suggest strategy and content that will engage our clients’ audiences and achieve their overall goals
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Confidence in managing fellow team members
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- A strong creative flair and sense of storytelling
- Ability to adjust well to feedback and changing priorities
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop (this is not essential but a willingness to learn is!) As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£22- £27k per annum, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview: First, you will meet Nina, our Video Manager, in a 60 minute **interview **via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team. If the interview goes well, we will invite you to the second step - **the final interview **(30 minutes via Zoom). This is for our Content Director, Louise to get to know you and see whether you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answer all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com.