Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a talented Digital Project Manager to be a leader in our growing, 22-strong technical team.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 70+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 11am, and finishing between 5pm and 7pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
This role is 100% remote, with the opportunity to work in a shared space in Warsaw with the rest of the team once a month.
What can you expect?
- Guiding projects through all phases, from inception to completion
- Creating processes and ensuring the team follows them
- Working with the team daily to brief on requirements and check on progress
- Converting client briefs into roadmaps, timelines and achievable tasks
- Proactively managing changes to project scope, whilst identifying potential risks
- Working with higher management to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve the project goals
- Communicating with our clients daily to understand requirements, communicate project process and deliver outputs
- Helping to create statements of work that describe projects deliverables to clients
- Analysing data and making informed recommendations for internal and external reports
- Reviewing outputs to ensure they are to specification and sufficient quality
What's important to us:
- Experience in managing a team to deliver web-based projects in the private sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A broad overall technical knowledge including awareness and interest in the consumer technology sector
- An understanding of Agile project management methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirement specifications
- Experience using online task management software (for example, Trello, JIRA or AirTable)
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery of projects, preferable in software engineering or web development
What’s nice to have:
- A project management accreditation (for example, PRINCE2)
- Experience using cloud hosting platforms (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- At least 3 years of technical project management experience
- Experience communicating directly with customers
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
Regular level: 10,000-13,000 PLN per month, commensurate with experience.
Senior level: 13,000-17,000 PLN per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Growth and development budget
- Full refund for a trip to Edinburgh – we would love to meet you in person and meet from time to time in Poland or Scotland ;)
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a final interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Andy, Operations Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org