Are you smart? Passionate about learning? Unsure where your degree would be best used?
Storm Ideas are a specialist digital agency that delivers pioneering solutions to globally recognised clients in the US TV industry. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of real people.
We are looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, intelligent and talented individual who is interested in a starting a career in web, technology and project management.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that work daily with some incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry. From large scale platforms that support our own products to quick, 2 week-lead time client-owned microsites, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology.
You’ll be working with other smart and enthusiastic people in a fast paced and exciting environment. We fully support remote-working, and once this all blows over you’ll have the opportunity to work with your colleagues in the recently refurbished Sugar Bond House in Bonnington.
We believe that the smart and hardworking can achieve great things. We have hired many people who initially had minimal technical knowledge but are now thriving and playing crucial roles in the success of the company.
You will be trained on the job across the following duties on real clients alongside existing project managers, with over time aiming to take responsibility of and perform these duties independently and to a high standard:
- Guiding projects through all phases, from inception to completion
- Creating processes and ensuring the team follows them
- Working with the team daily to brief on requirements and check on progress
- Converting client briefs into roadmaps, timelines and achievable tasks
- Proactively managing changes to project scope, whilst identifying potential risks
- Working with higher management to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve the project goals
- Communicating with our clients daily to understand requirements, communicate project process and deliver outputs
- Helping to create statements of work that describe projects deliverables to clients
- Analysing data and making informed recommendations for internal and external reports
- Reviewing outputs to ensure they are to specification and sufficient quality
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree
- Excellent school grades
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively, manage their own time and prioritize a workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate would also have some of the following:
- A broad awareness and interest in the web and consumer technology
- An understanding of Agile project management methodologies
- Experience communicating directly with customers
- Experience using online project management software (for example, Trello, JIRA or AirTable)
But these are very much nice to have - if you are smart, keen and have an eye for detail, please apply!
Permanent / Full-Time
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 2 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter, explaining why you would be perfect for the job to email@example.com