Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a dedicated Head of Operations to be the leader of our company’s entire internal operation.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on.
Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role with the opportunity to work in a shared space in Warsaw with the rest of the team once a month.
Your role will be pivotal in the overall internal organisation, control, management and direction of the company. We want you to take ownership and make your own mark on how we work - ensuring our operations can handle the needs of our remote-first and distributed company and staff. What can you expect?
- Leading and motivating a dedicated operations team, acting as their direct report and taking responsibility for their tasks and outputs on a daily basis
- Embedding a service culture, where the operations team acts as a unit that aims to serve and adapt to the needs of the organisation
- Leading on overall operations strategy, pioneering solutions that ensure the company can run efficiently, at scale, in a remote/hybrid operating model
- The standard-bearer for operational excellence in the company, and go to person when expertise is sought
- Assuming overall responsibility for the performance of the company across HR & Recruitment, Finance, IT, Office Management, H&S, Security & Certification, Legal & Compliance and Internal Processes & Tools
- Implementing regular review of internal processes, ensuring these are up to date and followed, or created or improved upon where any gap exists
- Understanding the financial status of the company, with a remit to ensure that relevant costs are under control (e.g. software subscriptions, office costs) and represented accurately in cashflow planning
- Working closely with and reporting directly to the board
- Managing and developing relationships with suppliers, mainly with regard to getting the best deal from them, ensuring contracts suit our needs, and examining potential alternatives when contracts are up for renewal
- Working in cooperation with our production teams, communicating openly and often with other leaders in the business
- Leading on any large or cross-function operations projects as and when they arise
- Taking direct responsibility for ensuring compliance across the business in terms of security and insurance, leaning on your team or specialist suppliers where necessary
- Managing operations across our Edinburgh offices, Poland office and remote workers
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 degree, ideally in a relevant field
- At least 1 year’s experience in a similar position or with similar responsibilities
- Experience leading operations in a remote or hybrid model
- Experience in the industry or company that has a tech-focus
- Proven ability to manage complex projects that involve multiple departments and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Critical-thinking skills
- IT literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office and SaaS project management tools
- A keen interest in the web and its potential for change and disruption
- Positivity, proactivity and self-motivation!
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to manage competing priorities whilst always focusing on what is of most importance to the business
- The ability to define and drive both individual projects to completion as well as lead change throughout the internal operations of the company
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
15,000-20,000 PLN per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Growth and development budget
- Full refund for a trip to Edinburgh – we would love to meet you in person and meet from time to time in Poland or Scotland ;)
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
There is only one recruitment step - a meeting with Andy. During the meeting, Andy, Operations Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com