Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a talented iOS developer to be a part of our growing, 22-strong technical team.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- Understanding business objectives and how to fulfil them
- A standard-bearer and example for code quality in the company
- Executing tasks proactively with no brief
- Working with other team leads to ensure company-wide cohesion and efficiency
- Working with non-technical team members to increase the overall technical output of the company
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Liaising with project management colleagues when technical input is required
- Learning, utilising and improving our DevOps processes and tools to enable rapid delivery
- Eliminating technical debt
- Fixing emergency software defects and sharing what was learned from the failure
- Helping to define the technical architecture for products
- Producing software reused by developers by contributing to our SDK Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Take full responsibility for the output of a development team
- Be responsible for quality of team via reviewing/feedback, mentoring and recruiting
- Define success and how it will be measured, creating plans and roadmaps as needed
- Prioritise team members’ workload
- Lead on client communication and delivery where required
What's important to us:
- Experience using Swift
- Experience using Rest APIs
- Experience using Git
- 5 years’ commercial experience What’s nice to have:
- Experience with dependency managers (Cocoapods / Carthage / XCFrameworks / Swift Package Manager)
- Knowledge of good code review practices
- Ability to search for and solve non-trivial bugs
- Experience with different iOS architecture patterns
- Experience with Unit Testing / Testing frameworks in general
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience using Good OO practices
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- An active Github profile
- A University Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£40-85k+ per annum commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step - a technical interview (90 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Piotr, iOS Engineering Manager, asks about your technical capabilities plus anything not covered in the pre-interview, and at the same time answers all your questions.
The next step is a technical task (don’t worry we respect your time and always pay for getting thejob done – anyway it shouldn’t take more than 5 hours of your work). The last step is the final interview (60 minutes) with Piotr and Dave (CTO) – it’s a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com.