Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a talented IT Manager to lead and shape our IT operations as the company grows.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role with the opportunity to work in a shared space in Warsaw with the rest of the team once a month.
What can you expect?
- Proactively identifying IT needs, proposing solutions and acting on them
- Shaping the IT operations, including making hires into your team or identifying where we can receive support from our 3rd-party supplier
- Embedding a service culture, where the IT team acts as a unit that aims to serve and adapt to the needs of the organisation.
- Working in cooperation with our production teams, communicating openly and often with other leaders in the business.
- Identifying risks and taking steps to mitigate them
- Understanding and managing our internal IT infrastructure
- Management, definition and (where appropriate) automation of all IT processes and tracking systems, including onboarding, staff support and access control
- Defining what equipment employees receive, including desktops, laptops, phones, test devices, monitors and peripherals, and how we procure them
- Implementing procedures and tools that proactively ensure health of staff equipment
- Ensuring that the IT operations of the company is setup in a way that allows staff to work remotely and in-office effectively and securely
- Administering Azure AD, Azure, Office 365 and other cloud services
- Leading our 3rd-party IT suppliers on larger projects
- Assisting in attainment of certifications related to security and compliance
- Working closely with the Operations Manager and Operations Director
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 degree, ideally in a relevant field.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar position or with similar responsibilities.
- Proven ability to define and drive complex projects that involve multiple departments and stakeholders through to completion
- Ability to prioritise and delegate workload and complete tasks to deadlines
- Awareness of the latest IT equipment/security standards
- Excellent understanding of PC’s, Windows, MS Office, Data storage,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an approachable nature to colleagues
- A keen interest in the web and its potential for change and disruption
- Positivity, proactivity and self-motivation!
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidate would also have experience working with the following:
- PCs, Laptops and Windows OS
- iOS and Android phones
- Cloud services, including Azure and Office 365
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
12,000-17,000 PLN per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Growth and development budget
- Full refund for a trip to Edinburgh – we would love to meet you in person and meet from time to time in Poland or Scotland ;)
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
There is only one recruitment step - a meeting with Andy. During the meeting, Andy, Operations Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org