Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a talented IT Support Engineer to become an integral part of our team and support our IT operations, staff and new hires as the company grows.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
You’ll be first and foremost supporting a team of high-energy, creative and technically-savvy people:
- 1st-line response to support requests from staff
- Managing access control across all of the services that we use
- Ensuring staff are working securely and adhering to security best practices
- Proactively ensuring health of staff equipment, scheduling and performing upgrades to both hardware and software
Right now, we’re doing lots of hiring because we’re growing. You’ll have lots of involvement with the onboarding process:
- Ordering and setting up high-spec equipment, including desktops, laptops, phones, test devices, monitors and peripherals
- Setting up user accounts for the many SaaS tools we use in addition to Windows 10 / Office 365
- Providing 1st-line setup and technical training during the onboarding process for new staff
You’ll also maintaining of the overall health of the company IT:
- Managing our data storage, ensuring there is enough to meet the company’s needs
- Managing the tracking of all our equipment and licences
- Monitoring and maintenance of backups, replication and network infrastructure with our 3rd-party IT supplier
- Administering Azure AD, Azure, Office 365 and other cloud services
- Liaising with our 3rd-party IT suppliers on larger projects, 2nd/3rd-line support escalation and ongoing services they provide
- Ensuring all processes are documented
- Reporting to the company’s Operations Manager
Dependent on performance, desire, learning and company growth, there are progression opportunities within this role:
- Increased responsibility for the company IT as a whole
- Management and definition of processes as well as executing on them
- Taking initiative on shaping our IT to meet the needs to the company
- Proactively suggesting and implementing improvements
The ideal candidate will have:
- A 2:1 degree, ideally in a relevant field.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar position or with similar responsibilities.
- Passion for IT as a career with a thirst to grow and develop your knowledge
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines
- Awareness of the latest IT equipment/security standards
- Good understanding of PC’s, Windows, MS Office, Data storage,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an approachable nature to colleagues
- A keen interest in the web and its potential for change and disruption
- Positivity, proactivity and self-motivation!
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidate would also have experience working with the following:
- PCs, Laptops and Windows OS
- iOS and Android phones
- Cloud services, including Azure and Office 365
It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned veteran or just starting your career – if you have the skills and the enthusiasm for developing them further, then we want you to apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in Edinburgh office, remote or blend.
£25-35k per annum, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- A voucher with Specsavers that entitles you to free eye test and up to £69 towards glasses
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance-Related-Pay scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
There is only one recruitment step - a meeting with Andy. During the meeting, Andy, Operations Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.