Storm Ideas are a specialist digital and content agency working on a daily basis with large, globally recognised clients in the US TV and Film industry. We are looking for a Junior Creative Officer with the skills and enthusiasm to help run our clients' social media profiles and campaigns.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering content services and digital solutions for some incredible clients in the US TV industry. You’ll have the choice between working remotely or in the fast paced, exciting and fun environment of our Anderson House office in Bonnington, Edinburgh.
You will be:
- Watching new TV shows from our clients as they arrive and taking well organised notes of key moments and themes
- Immersing yourself in fan culture for the properties we work with by following and combing through their social media accounts as well as the talent to help generate ideas based on what fans engage with
- Producing concepts for social media graphics and videos to inform and entertain fans as well as accessing new audiences
- Describing your concepts in detail for clients and writing thorough briefs for editors, motion graphic artists and graphic designers to create
- Neatly formatting your ideas following an established convention
- Researching trending social media formats and cataloguing your annotated references in internal online collaboration tools
- Suggesting new formats that go beyond what we currently see on social media
- Being an expert in the specifications and capabilities of all social media platforms and monitoring changes and updates
For any TV show, provide 5- 10 concepts that could be posted on the show’s social media account. Think about:
- All major platforms – Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook
- What is the purpose of your idea – tease a new episode, promote a season premiere, solicit engagement from fans, promote availability on streaming platform
- What kinds of posts are being shared by similar shows or network accounts, and how could they be adapted? Imagine you have a team of editors and designers at your disposal! Make sure you state what show you’re working with and what purpose you imagine your idea serves.
Candidates will ideally possess:
- Exceptional creative flair
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Good school grades
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent written and communication skills As long as you possess creativity, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full-Time
Total weekly hours: 37.5
To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least one late shift (1:30pm-10pm).
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 2 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
£20k per annum.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining specifically why you’re perfect for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subjects you studied at high school and the grades you achieved, as well as your degree grades, and your response to the Creative Task.