Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for an experienced Lead QA Engineer to extend our capabilities in delivering rich and engaging user experiences.
If the idea of building world class webapps in a dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for impact, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 100+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role with the opportunity to work in a shared space in Warsaw with the rest of the team once a month.
What can you expect?
- Building from scratch and further maintaining test automation for web, mobile and API.
- Planning and executing on QA tooling implementation for future use in Storm Ideas.
- Incorporating best practices of QA processes to match our (impressive ;) project delivery pace.
- Spotting things that others miss and analysing problems to reach the root cause.
Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Spread the knowledge and enthusiasm of Quality Assurance techniques with your dev team.
- Work with developers to improve our Continuous Integration.
- Coordinate and performing manual tests.
- Train and mentor other future members of our QA team.
What's important to us:
- Ability to set up, maintain and support test automation process from scratch.
- Experience with automation tools (Selenium, Cypress, Espresso, Postman, XCUITests).
- Experience with integration of automated testing into CI/CD setup.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies including functional and regression testing.
- Source code control and build tools, solid understanding of software design patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work closely with others.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- An ISEB or ISTQB certification.
- A degree in IT, Electronics, Computing, Physics or related discipline.
- An active Github profile with involvement in open source projects.
- Experience with cloud hosting and CI platforms, preferably Azure DevOps.
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
Regular level 10,000 - 16,000 PLN net on B2B per month, commensurate with experience.
Senior level 17,000 - 22,000 PLN net on B2B per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Paid training on the job
- Team outings and monthly meets
- Full refund for an annual trip to Edinburgh to meet your colleagues in the UK
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Martyna, our Recruitment Specialist, in a 40-minute pre-interview via Zoom. She usually asks about your previous experience, future career path, and motivation for changing your job, as well as provides you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a QA task. The next step is a 60-minute technical call with Filip and a colleague from the QA team. The final interview (30 minutes) is with Dave, our Technical Director – it’s a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!