Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a Marketing Executive to support our main product – Storyteller. Storyteller is a new B2B SaaS platform, which allows companies to integrate Stories into their native apps. Popularized by Instagram and Snapchat, Stories are perfectly suited for boosting user engagement, audience retention and driving advertising revenue within a native app. Building stories into your native apps can take years and a lot of investment however Storyteller has solved this by allowing companies to integrate in days, not years all for one monthly cost.
Our end‑to‑end platform gives companies a best‑in‑class Stories experience with native iOS and Android SDKs, publishing tools, analytics, and ad support. We are looking for an organized and highly motivated candidate to work closely with our sales and marketing team to grow Storyteller’s sales.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 70+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Work closely with senior leadership to execute Storyteller’s B2B marketing strategy.
- Planning and executing across multiple marketing channels to generate high quality leads for Storyteller sales, including digital advertising, social media, SEO and PR.
- Developing Storyteller brand and messaging across all content, external communications, and marketing materials.
- Use analytics and insights to continuously monitor and improve all marketing initiatives.
- Conduct industry research to inform all of Storyteller’s marketing initiatives.
- Managing the Storyteller social media accounts, including planning, scheduling, copywriting, and design.
- Lead on writing and publishing content of the Storyteller blog with the goal of becoming an industry expert in stories.
- Understanding the user experience of Storyteller to a high degree.
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to improve marketing processes.
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Proficiency across numerous marketing channels.
- Experience planning, creating and copywriting social media and blog content.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a Marketing role within a SaaS or tech-focused business.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, proactive, and always open to learn.
- Excellent written and communication skills. As long as you also possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
Base salary of £23-28k per annum, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – the final interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Duncan, our Social Media Director, and Jeremy, Marketing Manager, get to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com.