Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a .NET developer to be a leader in our growing technical team.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
What can you expect?
- Responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- Understanding business objectives and how to fulfil them
- A standard-bearer and example for code quality in the company
- Executing tasks proactively with no brief
- Working with other team leads to ensure company-wide cohesion and efficiency
- Working with non-technical team members to increase the overall technical output of the company
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Liaising with project management colleagues when technical input is required
- Learning, utilizing and improving our DevOps processes and tools to enable rapid delivery
- Eliminating technical debt
- Fixing emergency software defects and sharing what was learned from the failure
- Helping to define the technical architecture for products
- Producing software reused by developers by contributing to our SDK
Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Take full responsibility for the output of a development team
- Be responsible for quality of team via reviewing/feedback, mentoring and recruiting
- Define success and how it will be measured, creating plans and roadmaps as needed
- Prioritize team members’ workload
- Lead on client communication and delivery where required
What's important to us:
- Experience using C# and .NET Core
- Experience using SQL server and Entity Framework Core
- Experience using Git
- 5 years’ commercial experience
What’s nice to have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
- Experience with Unit Testing / Testing frameworks in general
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience using Good OO practices
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- An active Github profile
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£40-85k+ per annum commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- A voucher with Specsavers that entitles you to free eye test and up to £69 towards glasses
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance-Related-Pay scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview: First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a technical interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Dave], Technical Director, asks about your technical capabilities plus anything not covered in the pre-interview, and at the same time answers all your questions. The next step is a technical task (don’t worry we respect your time and always pay for getting the job done – anyway it shouldn’t take more than 5 hours of your work). The last step is the final interview (60 minutes) with CTO – it’s a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.