Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a bright, proactive and hard-working individual to fill our role of operations coordinator.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
What can you expect?
- Working across all departments, assisting on projects that impact some of our biggest entertainment clients.
- Reporting directly to and working closely with the Head of Operations.
- Writing up, creating and improving upon internal processes and policies.
- Reviewing client and supplier contracts.
- Communicating with suppliers and ensuring we receive effective and efficient service.
- Assisting in onboarding new staff.
- Researching and implementing solutions that could the make the business operate more efficiently.
- Organising internal file systems and structures.
- Working on any ad-hoc operations projects as they appear.
- Assisting on tasks that involve analysing and improving financial performance of the business.
- Assisting on tasks across the business where your skills are required, such as proposal or report development.
There will be opportunity for progression in the form of leading on the above responsibilities, with the potential to move into an Operations Manager position in the future.
What's important to us:
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher (in any field, doesn’t need to be operations-related).
- Excellent school grades.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Pride in their attention to detail.
- Top-level organisational skills.
- High work-ethic and self-motivation.
- Ability to respond well to feedback and changing priorities.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Pro-activity and self-management skills.
- Inclination to research and review own work first before asking or presenting.
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£25,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- A voucher with Specsavers that entitles you to free eye test and up to £69 towards glasses
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance-Related-Pay scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
There is only one recruitment step - a meeting with Andy. During the meeting, Andy, Operations Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com.