Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a talented Project Manager in our growing social media operations team to be a taskmaster marketing generalist that helps manage deadlines, team members, resources, and overall project mechanics to ensure an efficient team.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 8am and 10am, and finishing between 4pm and 6pm. You’ll lead a daily standup with the team of the project(s) you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
What can you expect?
- Oversee monthly, weekly, daily and ad-hoc scheduling of the team’s workload to ensure all projects are adequately resourced, that team productivity is maximised and deadlines are adhered to.
- Creating, documenting and continuously improving our processes to ensure that our team can execute tasks to a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Forward-plan resourcing, highlighting any additional resource requirements or excess capacity to management for attention.
- Plan agendas and attend clients’ meetings, delivering contact reports immediately thereafter.
- Converting client briefs into roadmaps, timelines and achievable tasks for the team.
- Onboard new clients in line with our processes and documentation.
- Communicating with our clients daily to understand requirements, communicate project process and deliver outputs.
- Working with management to estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Developing and sharing an excellent understanding of clients’ businesses, industries and success factors through frequent conversation, asking questions and industry research.
- Helping to create statements of work that describe projects deliverables to clients.
- Analysing data and making informed recommendations for internal and external reports.
What's important to us:
- Experience in managing an agency team that executes across multiple clients’ social accounts and a range of social networks (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat).
- Experience using online task management software (for example, Trello, JIRA or AirTable).
- Client communication experience – ideally in communicating regularly with clients, parsing their feedback and solving their problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to brief team members and communicate clearly with clients.
- A keen interest in the social media industry.
- Strong organisational skills, unparalleled attention to detail and time management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery of projects.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£ 25-35k per year, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
- Team outings and monthly meets
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Up to £700 to spend on a chair, desk or any other necessary workspace equipment to kit out your home office.
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- Money towards glasses with Specsavers
- Full refund for an annual trip to Warsaw to meet your colleagues in Poland
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Duncan, our Social Media Director, and Caspar, our Head of Social Operations, in a 1-hour interview** **via Zoom, to get to know you better and try to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we may then ask you to complete a quick test to assess key skills, such as organization, attention to detail and communication. And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.