Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to support our main product – Storyteller. Storyteller is a new B2B SaaS platform, which allows companies to integrate Stories into their native apps. Popularized by Instagram and Snapchat, Stories are perfectly suited for boosting user engagement, audience retention and driving advertising revenue within a native app. Building stories into your native apps can take years and a lot of investment however Storyteller has solved this by allowing companies to integrate in days, not years all for one monthly cost.
Our end‑to‑end platform gives companies a best‑in‑class Stories experience in days with native iOS and Android SDKs, publishing tools, analytics, and ad support. We are looking for an organised and highly motivated candidate to work closely with our sales and marketing team to grow Storyteller’s sales.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 70+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Identifying, engaging with, and qualifying prospects to generate sales opportunities
- Prospecting across multiple channels, including email, phone, and social media
- Owning our outreach tools and reporting on your learnings backed by data
- Coordinating with our sales executives to manage the sales pipeline
- Understanding the buyer and the end-user inside out and build detailed buyer personas
- Understanding the user experience of Storyteller to a high degree, while staying up to date with new releases and feature launches
- Hitting your monthly targets for qualified demos booked and completed
What's important for us:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of prior outbound B2B prospecting experience
- Experience working within a SaaS or tech-focused business
- Proficiency with CRM software
- Experience using prospecting applications
- Experience with cold emailing, cold calling and other routes into prospects such as social media
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent written and communication skills As long as you also possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
Base salary of £20k - £30k per annum, depending on experience and skills (OTE of £30k – £40k).
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview: First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – the final interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Duncan, our Social Media Director, and Jeremy, Marketing Manager, get to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions. And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.