Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilful and creative senior graphic designer who would enjoy producing high-quality, fun social media content.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll lead a daily standup with the team of the project(s) you are working on. To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who are open to work at least one late shift (1:30pm-10pm) every week. So, some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Taking the goals of our clients and their marketing collateral and translating that into creative solutions and guidance for our content production team
- Inputting into strategy pitches from a creative standpoint
- Using Adobe Suite and Figma to produce templates and quality social content for high profile US TV clients
- Working independently to produce multiple creative solutions for discussion
- Ensuring all content conveys a clear and effective message with impact and creative flair
- Using existing branding guidelines and source material to create fun social media assets to engage fans and promote US TV shows
- Suggesting a variety of creative solutions and providing options for managers and clients to consider
- Leading the development and maintenance of the style guides we create for our clients
- Maintaining and creating PowerPoint presentations for strategy pitches and analytical reports
- Following client accounts and competitors on social media to research and put forward own ideas for engaging and innovative content
- Learning our collaborative tools and using them to drive your assets through our internal processes
- Self-evaluating, proofing and reviewing own work as well as providing creative feedback on work produced by other team members
- Incorporating internal and client feedback into final product
- Developing your own skills by learning from other team members and through independent research
What's important to us:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent eye for detail particularly in regards to typography and layout
- Unparalleled creative flair
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in Figma or willingness to learn quickly
- Experience and skills in illustration/digital artwork
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to adjust well to feedback and changing priorities
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- A willingness to learn video editing
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£28- £40k per annum, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview: First, you will meet Nina, our Video Manager, in a 60 minute interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to the second step – the final interview (30 minutes via Zoom). This is for our Content Director, Louise to get to know you and see whether you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answer all your questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.