💸 24-32k PLN per month (or EUR equivalent) salary on a full time, B2B contract
🌎 Edinburgh office or fully remote working from anywhere in the UK or Europe!
🏖 33 Days Paid Leave
✨ Exciting products, millions of users, sold to global brands
💻 M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent
💡 All the latest software and productivity tools you’ll need
Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We're looking for an amazing Senior .NET Developer to join our growing team. You'll be working with the latest technologies across both .NET and Azure using the latest equipment of your choice.
You'll be working with a friendly, talented team and have the opportunity to grow and lead both technically and in managing others. If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an international team with our home office based in Edinburgh, that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 100+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What can you expect?
- Producing software reused by developers by contributing to our SDK
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- Being responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies and code quality
- Executing tasks proactively with no brief
- Working with technical and non-technical team members to increase the overall technical output of the company
- Learning, utilising and improving our DevOps processes and tools to enable rapid delivery
- Helping to define the technical architecture for products
Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Take full responsibility for the output of a development team
- Be responsible for quality of team via reviewing/feedback, mentoring and recruiting
- Define success and how it will be measured, creating plans and roadmaps as needed
- Prioritise team members’ workload
- Lead on client communication and delivery where required
What's important to us:
- 5 years’ commercial experience
- Experience using C# and .NET Core
- Experience using SQL server and Entity Framework Core
- Experience using Git
- Experience with Azure
What’s nice to have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
- Experience with Unit Testing / Testing frameworks in general
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience using Good OO practices
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- An active Github/Stackoverflow profile
Your working environment
Modern tech stack
We adopt the latest technologies - .NET 5 (moving to .NET 6 right now!), Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, Hangfire, Azure, Terraform on the backend and React, Redux, SASS on the frontend, Swift and Kotlin on mobile - constantly looking for the best tools and solutions.
Agility & Openness for Ideas
We actively encourage the entire team to share their ideas, with that in mind we regularly adopt and implement suggestions across the company, you’re the specialist here!
Operating with the agility of a high growth start-up, alongside the support you can expect from a larger organisation means we encourage quick decision making and a responsive, adaptive culture.
We believe that great teams are built by a mixture of personality and skills, we’re an international team with more than 100 people onboard, the technical team counts around 15 specialists, and half of them are senior developers.
We’re an international team with more than 100 people onboard and we come from a mix of the biggest names in tech, to innovative start-ups and everything in between.
60-70% of our daily tasks are new features development, we care a lot about quality assurance so we decided to build a separate QA team to deliver on this.
We’ll provide you with a high-end M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent as well as top of the range monitors, headphones, a keyboard, mouse and whatever you need to feel comfortable at work.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am.
Joining us means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working, we have a number of initiatives to create a team environment regardless of geographic location.
Full time B2B contract - fully remote working from anywhere in Europe!
- 33 days of paid time off
- High end laptop of your choice - M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent, it’s up to you!
- Top of the range monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Training and development opportunities
- Full refund for a trip to Edinburgh – we would love to meet you in person and meet from time to time in Poland or Scotland ;)
First, you will be invited for a 30-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a technical interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, we'll ask about your technical capabilities plus anything not covered in the pre-interview, and at the same time answer all your questions. The next step is a technical task. The last step is the final interview (60 minutes) with CTO – it’s a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!