Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a Social Media Manager with the skills and enthusiasm to manage a variety of our clients’ social media accounts with unparalelled attention to detail and a deep understanding of their strategy.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work at 10am, and finishing at 6pm. You’ll have at least 3 standups per week with the Social Operations team.
To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least one late shift (1:30pm – 10pm) per week and at least one weekend (from home) every 4-6 weeks. So, some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
What can you expect?
- Overseeing the scheduling of social media posts for high profile client accounts.
- Communicating daily with clients to understand requirements, process any feedback, and deliver outputs.
- Coordinating with clients to ensure posts go out with all of the correct information, on time and that meet our standard of quality.
- Overseeing reporting and analytics for client accounts.
- Reviewing all elements of a drafted social post to ensure the details are correct before scheduling.
- Being an expert in knowing our clients’ brands, programming and priorities.
- Putting in place and continuously improving quality practices.
- Optimizing team efficiency.
- Serving as a team leader with a strong focus on performance, insights and process.
- Training team members across our tasks.
What's important to us:
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Deep understanding of managing brand accounts on at least two of the following social networks: YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- High level of expertise with collaborative tools for managing workflows and processes such as Monday.com, Trello and Airtable.
- Experience in working with a range of clients – agency experience much appreciated!
- Client communication experience – best would be if you communicate regularly with the client, parse their feedback and solve their problems.
- Experience in managing the team.
- High level of expertise with third-party scheduling tools, such as Sprinklr, SproutSocial, Creator Studio.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly with clients.
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, unparalleled attention to detail and time management.
- High work-ethic and self-motivation.
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to analyse data quantitatively and qualitatively.
- High level of expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- A keen interest in the social media industry. As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£26k-35k depending on experience and skills.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
- Team outings and monthly meets
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Up to £700 to spend on a chair, desk or any other necessary workspace equipment to kit out your home office.
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- Money towards glasses with Specsavers
- Full refund for an annual trip to Warsaw to meet your colleagues in Poland
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview: First, we will invite you to an interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Caspar, our Head of Social Ops, and Duncan, our Social Media Director, will get to know you and try to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answer all your questions. After the interview, you may be given a short test to evaluate your expertise and attention to detail.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your high school grades, and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.