Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a Social Media Analyst with the skills and enthusiasm to produce high quality insights and reports on our clients’ social media performance and strategy.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. While we do have some data infrastructure and people who work in our Edinburgh office, the majority of our staff work remotely, so no matter where you are in the UK, please still apply.
What can you expect?
- Being responsible for a variety of client-facing reports and insights.
- Gathering and analyzing performance data from social media networks to generate reports.
- Creating visually appealing and consistently designed reports and presentations.
- Generating tactical and strategic recommendations for our clients’ social accounts.
- Following client and competitor accounts on social media to better understand effective social media strategy.
- Working with our managers to improve the overall quality of our reports and provide more value to our clients.
- Continually optimizing our reporting processes to improve efficiency.
- Updating and maintaining documentation on all our reporting processes.
- Self-evaluating, proofing and reviewing own work.
- Incorporating internal and client feedback into your reporting.
What's important to us:
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Good school grades
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to analyse data quantitatively and qualitatively
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent written and communication skills
- High level of expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Social media experience is a plus, but not a necessity as long as you're interested in learning about the industry
- Nice to have:
- Experience in creating and executing on social media performance reports.
- Experience with the social networks’ native analytics tools.
- Experience with 3rd party social analytics tools.
As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time.
£20k-25k per annum, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £625 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone + monthly mobile contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- A voucher with Specsavers that entitles you to free eye test and up to £69 towards glasses
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance-Related-Pay scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, we will invite you to an interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Caspar, our Head of Social Ops, and Bella, Social Ops Manager, get to know you and try to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answer all your questions. You may then be asked to to have a final interview, where you will meet Duncan, our Social Media Director (30 minutes, Zoom)
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your high school grades, and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for the role to email@example.com.