Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator with the skills and enthusiasm to help run our clients' social media profiles and campaigns.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least two late shifts (1:30pm-10pm) per week and at least one weekend day (from home) every four weeks. So, some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
While we have an office in Edinburgh, we support 100% remote working for this role, with the opportunity to work in our office when suits.
What can you expect?
- Reviewing and scheduling content across a variety of social networks
- Optimising content for social media with effective thumbnails and copy
- Monitoring social media accounts and gathering performance data
- Analysing social performance and generating reports and recommendations
- Researching clients' shows/movies via pre-release footage, internal documents, audience culture and competitor analysis
- Brainstorming on social content and digital activation ideas
- Managing and organising images, videos and GIFs to be produced by our in-house team
- Assisting with the setup and documentation of internal processes for new projects
- Helping our clients use our product HailTo via day-to-day management, material creation, usage checks, assisting with support, user analysis and new release testing
What's important to us:
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Good school grades
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good numeracy skills and ability to analyse data quantitatively and qualitatively
As long as you possess smarts, attention to detail and enthusiasm, please apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
£ 20-23k per year, commensurate with experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – the interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Caspar, our Head of Social Ops, and Sarah, Social Ops Manager, get to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
The final interview is the last step in this journey, you will meet Duncan, our Social Media Director (30 minutes, Zoom) And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your high school grades, and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for the role to email@example.com.