💸 80-110k EUR per year salary on a full time, permanent contractor contract
🌎 Fully remote working from anywhere in Europe!
🏖 33 Days Paid Leave
✨ Exciting products, 10s of millions of users, sold to global brands
💻 M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent
💡 All the latest software and productivity tools you’ll need
Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We’ve been around since 2008, continue to grow year on year and are a fully distributed team of 100+ people based in the UK, Poland, Egypt, Brazil and beyond!
We’re now looking for a Technical Lead (Web) to take the lead on the web side of our engineering team.
As you’d expect the remit for this role is wide - from working closely with clients to understand their vision and requirements, to taking ownership of our entire mobile technical output.
We can’t stress enough that this is a hands-on role, where you’d need to be willing to contribute to code delivery on a regular basis.
Long term we see this role evolving into a CTO position for the right candidate – it's a pivotal position for us, so there’s plenty of room to develop and progress.
If you are comfortable leading from the front with a limited team to support you, have an entrepreneurial mindset, are action and solution-orientated and driven to do the right thing for our customers then we’d like to talk!
What can you expect day to day?
- Attracting, retaining and developing engineering talent
- Responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies
- Leading projects from conception to completion across iOS and Android
- Understanding business objectives and how to fulfil them
- A standard-bearer and example for code quality in the company
- Supervising and mentoring engineers of different seniority levels
- Influencing and inspiring excellence in engineers related to both project work and their self-development
- Shaping and driving our engineering culture
- Leading and understanding the architecture design process, which includes contributing to day-to-day software development challenges
- Putting in place and continuously improving quality practices
- Optimizing team efficiency
- Standing up for both your team and the organization if you feel decisions are not in the best interests of either
- Serving as a technology leader with a strong focus on quality, performance, scalability and maintainability
What's important to us:
- Experience leading a team of software developers to deliver projects
- Ability to confidently interact with clients
- At least 5 years experience in the industry
- Experience conducting 1-1s
- Commitment to pursuing best practices in software development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with business stakeholders and contributing to business concerns (e.g. pitches, presentations, roadmaps, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience taking part in hiring processes and running interviews
- A demonstrable occasion where you led a major change initiative in a previous role (for example, introducing code review to a team of developers)
Your working environment
Modern tech stack
We adopt the latest technologies - .NET 5 (moving to .NET 6 right now!), Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, Hangfire, Azure, Terraform on the backend and React, Redux, SASS on the frontend, Swift and Kotlin on mobile - constantly looking for the best tools and solutions.
Agility & Openness for Ideas
We actively encourage the entire team to share their ideas, with that in mind we regularly adopt and implement suggestions across the company, you’re the specialist here!
Operating with the agility of a high growth start-up, alongside the support you can expect from a larger organisation means we encourage quick decision making and responsive, adaptive culture.
We believe that great teams are built by a mixture of personality and skills, we’re an international team with more than 100 people on board, the technical team counts around 30 specialists, and half of them are senior developers. We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do - just be yourself!
We come from a mix of the biggest names in tech, to innovative start-ups and everything in between.
60-70% of our daily tasks are new features development, we care a lot about quality assurance so we decided to build a separate QA team to deliver on this.
We’ll provide you with a high-end M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent as well as top of the range monitors, headphones, a keyboard, mouse and whatever you need to feel comfortable at work.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am.
Joining us means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working, we have a number of initiatives to create a team environment regardless of geographic location.
80-110k EUR salary on a full time, permanent contract.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice - M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent, it’s up to you!
- Top of the range 4k monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Paid training to further your skills
- Home office budget to make life as comfortable as possible at work