Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for an expert-written communicator who can produce helpful and useful documentation for our users.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role with the opportunity to work in a shared space in Warsaw with the rest of the team once a month.
What can you expect?
- Documenting new products, features, and APIs.
- Documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers.
- Organizing documentation and make it easily discoverable.
- Maintaining content quality through curation and content performance analysis.
- Coming up with and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyse and interact with technical content.
What's important to us:
- Proficiency in writing software documentation.
- Talent at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Ability to quickly iterate and improve.
- Proficiency in HTML and Markdown.
- A perpetual learner and teacher.
It would be nice if you have experience in:
- Writing about Swift or Kotlin.
- Documenting and writing about APIs.
- Creating automated documentation tools.
- Large information architecture projects.
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
Junior level: 6,000 - 9,000 PLN net on B2B per month, commensurate with experience.
Regular level: 10,000 - 13,000 PLN net on B2B per month, commensurate with experience.
Senior level: 13,000 - 17,000 PLN net on B2B per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Paid training on the job
- Team outings and monthly meets
- Full refund for an annual trip to Edinburgh to meet your colleagues in the UK
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Sebastian, our Engineering Manager, in a 30-minute pre-interview via Zoom. He usually asks about your previous experience, future career path, and motivation for changing your job, as well as provides you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a task (don’t worry we respect your time and always pay for getting the job done). The next step is a 60-minute technical call with Sebastian and a colleague from the technical team. The final interview (30 minutes) is with Dave, our Technical Director – it’s a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to email@example.com