Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We are looking for an experienced UI designer join our product design team. You’ll be creating website and app designs for external clients and internal projects. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in UI design, or someone with a background in graphic design looking to grow their digital and interactive design skills.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for growth, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works with incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 80+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
We have flexible working hours, so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. You’ll have a daily standup with the team of the project you are working on.
Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working. There’s only an hour difference between our teams in Edinburgh and Warsaw, so time won’t be an issue!
What can you expect?
- Designing websites and apps for some of the biggest names in the US entertainment industry.
- Producing beautiful designs that balance client, business and user needs to create the most effective design solutions.
- Contributing to the design of internal products like Storyteller, HailTo, and Chimney.
- Using Figma, Adobe CC and other design tools to create innovative digital design concepts and specifications.
- Working on projects from conception to completion, being involved in everything from ideation to design QA.
- Working closely with developers to bring your designs to life.
- Producing design specifications developers can use to ensure final products are accurate.
- Occasionally working on creative assets and content to compliment your UI design work.
- Producing designs appropriate to brand guidelines.
- Suggesting a variety of creative solutions to design briefs and providing options for managers and clients to consider.
- Keeping up with digital design trends and emerging patterns.
- Self-evaluating and reviewing own work as well as providing feedback on work produced by other team members.
- Developing your own skills by learning from other team members and through independent research.
What's important to us:
- Good, practical knowledge of English in speech and writing
- A relevant degree, we may consider additional professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a designer.
- Proven ability to produce beautiful and creative designs that are on brand and to brief, with a flair for typography, colour and layout
- Digital design experience, or looking to transition to a more digital design focused role from a relevant role like Graphic Design
- Quick to learn and adapt to the dynamic nature of working with the latest tools and technologies
- Mastery of chosen design tools, eg Sketch, Figma, Adobe.
- Experience working in Figma is a bonus, but must be willing to learn Figma
- Able to work and collaborate well with other designers, in a way that improves the overall quality of work produced by the team
- Can work independently and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines, and adjust to feedback and changing priorities
Full-Time B2B Contract. Remote 100%
13,000-17,000 PLN per month, commensurate with experience.
- 33 paid days off
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you! Also, monitor, headphones, keyboard, mouse – the choice is yours
- Private medical cover – Medicover
- Company contribution to a Multisport card
- Growth and development budget
- Full refund for a trip to Edinburgh – we would love to meet you in person and meet from time to time in Poland or Scotland ;)
What you can expect if you’re invited to interview:
First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – the second interview with Jason, Lead Product Designer, in a 30 minute interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
The last step is the final interview (30 minutes) with Jason and Dave (CTO) – it’s a mix of design and culture-fit questions.
And that’s it!
To apply for this position, please send your CV, your portfolio and a couple of words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org