Storm Ideas are a specialist digital and content agency working on a daily basis with large, globally recognised clients in the US TV industry. We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilful and creative video editor who likes to create fun, short form social media content.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering content services and digital solutions for some incredible clients in the US TV industry. You’ll be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment in the recently refurbished Sugar Bond House in Bonnington.
You will be:
- Reviewing never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released.
- Using Adobe Suite to produce high quality short form video content for high profile US TV clients.
- Designing new or working with existing motion graphics packages.
- Suggesting creative solutions and putting forward own ideas for engaging and innovative content.
- Self-evaluating and reviewing own work before presenting to line manager.
- Developing own skills by learning from other team members and through independent research.
Candidates will ideally possess:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- A basic level of proficiency is definitely not a deal-breaker but willingness and determination to learn would be compulsory
- Knowledge of encoding and optimisation for specific social platforms
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong editorial sense both visually and in terms of storytelling
- Ability to adjust well to feedback and changing priorities
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
The above list is just a guide for what the ideal candidate will look like. As long as you possess smarts, enthusiasm and some experience, please still apply.
Permanent / Full-Time
Total weekly hours: 37.5
To best serve our US clients, we are looking for people who can work at least one late shift (1:30pm-10pm).
£19- £27k+ per annum commensurate with experience.
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Monthly lunch, chocolate and fruit on the house
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Lynda and Treehouse
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining specifically why you’re perfect for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subjects you studied at high school and the grades you achieved, as well as your degree grades.