Do you want to work on exciting projects seen by millions all over the world?
Storm Ideas are a specialist agency focused on the intersection of media, entertainment and technology, working on a daily basis with globally recognised clients in the US TV industry.
We are looking for a web designer with skills in digital design and front-end development to extend our capabilities in delivering rich and engaging user experiences.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that create groundbreaking web-based solutions and mobile apps every day for incredible clients in the US TV industry. We also focus on developing and growing our own products, including Twibbon, which has been used by over 80 million people worldwide.
You’ll be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment amidst the lovely surroundings of The Shore in Leith. We like to keep process lightweight, enabling you to be creative and focus on the work. Or to put it another way, as well as great benefits we believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose.
You will be:
- Defining the user experience and user interface of projects
- Sketching, prototyping and wire-framing concepts to help communicate your ideas
- Creating high-fidelity concepts from brief and undertaking design development
- Developing the front-end of builds by applying existing concepts, visuals and creative assets via HTML and CSS
- Iterating designs based on client and internal feedback
- Making and implementing recommendations to improve the performance and user experience of Storm Ideas’ own products
The ideal candidate would be in possession of the following qualifications, skills and traits:
- Ability to develop high quality creative concepts
- Knowledge of the latest trends in web, design and social
- Experience of working with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and/or Illustrator for concept and graphic creation
- Experience of using HTML5 and CSS for front end implementation
- Knowledge of responsive, adaptive and ‘mobile first’ design
- Experience in utilising modern techniques and styles in graphic design and front-end development
It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned veteran or just starting your design career - if you have the skills then we want you to apply.
Permanent / Full-Time.
Negotiable, competitive and commensurate on experience.
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Monthly, hour-long massage
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Treehouse and Pluralsight
- Table Tennis, great coffee, fresh fruit
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
- £243/month tax relief on childcare costs
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.