Do you want to work on exciting projects seen by millions all over the world?
Storm Ideas are a specialist digital and content agency working on a daily basis with large, globally recognised clients in the US TV industry. We are looking for a web designer with skills in digital design and front-end development to extend our capabilities in delivering rich and engaging user experiences.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering digital solutions and content services for some incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry. You’ll be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment in the recently refurbished Sugar Bond House in Bonnington.
We like to keep process lightweight, enabling you to be creative and focus on the work. Or to put it another way, as well as great benefits we believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose.
You will be:
- Defining the user experience and user interface of projects
- Sketching, prototyping and wire-framing concepts to help communicate your ideas
- Creating high-fidelity concepts from brief and undertaking design development
- Developing the front-end of builds by applying existing concepts, visuals and creative assets via HTML and CSS
- Iterating designs based on client and internal feedback
- Making and implementing recommendations to improve the performance and user experience of Storm Ideas’ own products
The ideal candidate would be in possession of the following qualifications, skills and traits:
- Ability to develop high quality creative concepts
- Knowledge of the latest trends in web, design and social
- Experience of working with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and/or Illustrator for concept and graphic creation
- Experience of using HTML5 and CSS for front end implementation
- Knowledge of responsive, adaptive and ‘mobile first’ design
- Experience in utilising modern techniques and styles in graphic design and front-end development
- Experience of working with modern interface design tools such as Figma/Sketch
- An up-to-date, online portfolio showcasing the above qualities
It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned veteran or just starting your design career - if you have the skills then we want you to apply.
Permanent / Full-Time.
Negotiable, competitive and commensurate on experience.
We also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Treehouse and Pluralsight
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.