Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of real people!
We are looking for a web designer with skills in digital design and front-end development to extend our capabilities in delivering rich and engaging user experiences.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then please read on!
Founded in 2008, we are an Edinburgh and Warsaw-based team that works daily with some incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 70+ people but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
What do we believe in?
We believe that happy people are productive people. We believe in a lightweight process with no time-tracking. We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in small teams of talented people that take ownership and responsibility for their projects. We believe we are a perfect place for talented people to grow, make their mark and work on things that mean something.
How we work?
You’ll be starting work between 9am and 10am, and finishing between 5pm and 6pm. You’ll lead a daily standup with the team of the project(s) you are working on. Some days you’ll need to be flexible to work later if there’s a key delivery to a US client, but any time can be taken back.
What can you expect?
- Defining the user experience and user interface of projects
- Sketching, prototyping and wire-framing concepts to help communicate your ideas
- Creating high-fidelity concepts from brief and undertaking design development
- Developing the front-end of builds by applying existing concepts, visuals and creative assets via HTML and CSS
- Iterating designs based on client and internal feedback
- Making and implementing recommendations to improve the performance and user experience of Storm Ideas’ own products
The ideal candidate would be in possession of the following qualifications, skills and traits:
- Ability to develop high quality creative concepts
- Knowledge of the latest trends in web, design and social
- Experience of working with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and/or Illustrator for concept and graphic creation
- Experience of using HTML5 and CSS for front end implementation
- Knowledge of responsive, adaptive and ‘mobile first’ design
- Experience in utilising modern techniques and styles in graphic design and front-end development
- Experience of working with modern interface design tools such as Figma/Sketch
- An up-to-date, online portfolio showcasing the above qualities It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned veteran or just starting your design career - if you have the skills then we want you to apply.
Permanent / Full time. Either in office or remote.
Negotiable, competitive and commensurate on experience.
- 33 days’ holiday
- High end laptop of your choice, Mac or Windows it’s up to you!
- A standing desk whenever you are working in our office (if you're up for it)
- Your own choice of monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year (restrictions allowing!)
- Paid training on the job
- Annual Flu Inoculations
AFTER 3 MONTHS
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
AFTER 1 YEAR
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
Interested? Feel invited! First, you will meet Anna, our HR Manager, in a 45-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for applying for this job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step – a final interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Ross, our Creative Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
And that’s it! If you make it through the process successfully, there is nothing but congratulations and an invitation to join our team. Are you ready?
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com. When applying, please include the subjects you studied at high school and the grades you achieved, as well as your degree grades.